Sunday, November 29, 2009

ODE TO SORBEE



You came into my life one day
bearing a bunch of leaves in your beak
you weaved a nest using your
black beak and sticky saliva
on my antique bell


"Tweet! Tweet!" no matter where I roam
I recognize your sharp whistle
No songbird, but
"O blithe newcomer, I have heard,
I hear thee and rejoice,
O Sor Bee shall I call thee BIRD?"
(with apologies to Will Wordsworth,
the father of all nature lovers)
You shared with me your precious moments


Snugly sleeping in your nest...so serenely
feeding your young...so tenderly
teaching them to spread their wings...so protectively
and father bird with the black neck spreads iridescent wings
with paternal pride



Thanks Sor Bee* for enriching my life


*This is a term of endearment in dialect for a wee loved thing

No comments:

Post a Comment