Thursday, March 23, 2017

Bukit Timah Nature Reserve Revisited



How things have changed.....

.....A tattered coat upon a stick...
 

Stick wielding Senior

Although I am not yet (I hope) a tattered coat upon a stick, but still when it comes to BTNR I am a stick wielding senior 😩
 
 
South View Path. Difficulty Moderate

 
whereas 30 years ago the nature reserve was my regular training ground for treks to Himalayan mountains, I could summit twice ...

Old Summit Path


.....now I need assistance of a walking stick and can't even summit once.... so maybe instead of mountains, I should contemplate sailing away with WB Yeats to the golden city of Byzantium. 😇
 
Sailing to Byzantium

 
...An aged man is but a paltry thing,
A tattered coat upon a stick, unless
Soul clap its hands and sing, and louder sing
For every tatter in its mortal dress,
Nor is there singing school but studying
Monuments of its own magnificence;
And therefore I have sailed the seas and come
To the holy city of Byzantium....
from WB Yeats Sailing to Byzatium

No comments:

Post a Comment